Monday, March 24, 2008

Things I Wonder About

This probably should fall in the "don't sweat the small stuff" category.

The latest thing that has me wondering is how will a new kid feel about ML leaving every other weekend to spend time with her father. I keep thinking how this might be quite hard for a child who has had so much loss in their short lives to understand.

Would they wonder why they weren't going as well? Would they wonder why they don't have a father to visit? Would they feel that they are missing out? On the flip side, the weekends that ML goes to her father's this would be wonderful bonding time for me and the new kid. But then would ML feel like she is missing out? Am I worrying too much? Wait, don't answer that!

I know kids are adaptable and resilient, and we will create our own 'normal'. I am sure this will come up in my home study....

Speaking of my home study, I am still waiting for the OK to start from the province... how long does this usually take?

4 comments:

graceling said...

My bio daughter and I just had to talk about the fact that her daddy won't be her new sister's daddy. She visits her dad occassionally, and she was shocked to learn that her sister won't be visiting daddy with her.

Personally, I worry less about the new little one (I plan to tell her that it's special Momma and Me time, just for us, and we can still call Abigail when she is at her dad's house). I worry more about how Abigail is going to do when she has to leave her mom AND her sister for 2 weeks. It's hard enough to miss your Momma for 2 weeks- it must be even harder to miss your Momma and your sissy.

That's my thoughts, for what they are worth.

The Warren Family said...

What ok from the province? Sorry if that is a silly question. We just contacted a social worker and told her we wanted to start a homestudy and a week later we did. hmmmm now I am curious if I was to get an OK from someone??

Tanya said...

I am in Alberta... I had to apply to the province then they give me permission to have a homestudy completed.

The Warren Family said...

interesting how things differ from one province to the next. Thanks for the reply I was curious (-: