Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How Do You Decide? Do You 'Just Know'?

How do you decide? What age? What gender? Singleton? siblings?

I ask because I have no idea what I will request, as it changes daily for me.

I look at ALL of ML's clothes and toys that she has outgrown and think a little girl would use this stuff, I wouldn't feel so guilty about not donating it, yet. I think of the new blog name I would come up with for our house of all girls... but then...

I think about how boys wait so much longer, and having a son would bring me as much joy as another daughter, and I would get to do all new shopping (grin) and the fact that my mother actually said this weekend that "you need more boys at your house!!" (She was referring to the gender of a pet we MIGHT adopt soonish, but really, its more fun to take it completely out of context!)

Then, I go back to thinking of a girl, I will request a little girl, and since the psychic I saw said that she was sure there was one just waiting to be born around me, and she kept asking "are you sure you are not expecting?" And of course the psychic couldn't be wrong could she? ha ha

But then, my mind changes again, to siblings, 2 little girls? 2 little boys? One of each?

My goodness then the age? AAARRGGGHHHH...

Then I think, if you were pregnant Tanya, you wouldn't be allowed to choose... so maybe I should leave it all in God's hands and request One or Two under five either gender.

The only thing I have decided on is that I want to ML to stay the oldest, and she will most likely be at least 5.5 years old by the time I get a proposal... but then what if their age is wrong...

Can you tell I am very anxious to start my home study?

4 comments:

The Warren Family said...

I know what you mean. We are not choosing a gender but are not sure what age to request up to. Its hard to decide.

Ricki said...

As I was reading your post I was thinking that you could just leave it up to God...and then I got farther down and read that.
There is no guarantees with age but if you are leaving it up to God then I would trust that He will place the right child(ren) with you.....whether or not they turn out to be older than ML or not. Just my 2 cents. They are hard decisions to make and we ended up changing ours halfway through the process so what do I know!
Keep us updated!
Ricki

Sharla said...

I don't have any brilliant ideas to offer you. I just wanted to say that I know where you are at. We went back and forth so much with our original request (ultimately deciding on infant girl) and then in the end, completely changed our minds and requested siblings 0-4 years. My only advice would be to know before you send away your documentation because changing our minds later on has cost us about 7 months extra. Good luck!

Ranavan said...

We go thru the same thing - only on age.

We really want a baby and have requested a child under 12 months but then there are all the older kids who need good homes too.....my heart is constantly going back and forth....what to do, what to do!

So, I can't offer any great advice but I understand your predicament!

Rana