Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Movie Date

As I mentioned on my single mom life blog, I took ML to a movie date last Thursday. She loved the movie, me, not so much.

Anyways, she has been talking about the movie non stop and wanted me to look for some Horton Hears a Who coloring pages, so I went online to see what I could find... and found this.

Now I am not usually one to get upset about the many ways that people throw around the word adopt. But this I don't get. There is not one mention of adoption in the movie, just an Elephant trying to save a place called Whoville.... (maybe I need to see the movie again! ha ha)

So I go on to see what it says, how to adopt a "Who" and this is the certificate that you get to print off... I just find this so offensive! Couldn't it be at least positive language, about love and family ? No, instead there is the

"Adopt a Who Promise

I promise to care for my Who

I promise to dress my Who in cool clothes (wtf!?!)

I promise to always keep my Who safe"

Discuss

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

okay that is really really funny! Especially your (wtf!)

I laughed out loud!

~Jocelyn

that is just the world we live in....they just don't get it most of the time!

Tasha Kent said...

Well.. I'll fail big time.

I already know that I won't be dressing my kid in cool clothes. I'm such a dork.

The Warren Family said...

If only it were that easy to adopt, let me sign a certificate with 3 promises and bingo-bango process complete.
I think it is in bad taste as well, they shouldn't be misleading kids into thinking that's how the world works.