Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Lost Application

I am not having a lot of luck with the start of this process!

I mailed my application to the province at the end of February so that I could obtain a home study. I was absent minded and mailed it in forgetting to sign it!(oops)

So I sent another application, this time making sure it was signed and filled out properly.I have been waiting and waiting (not so patiently) for my reply so that I could finally start.

It has been over a month and no reply, so I sent a friendly email to the person who informed me of my absentmindedness (spell check is not flagging this, is this even a word?) in the first place to see is she knew what was happening. She tells me that it hasn't been received So we assume it is lost in bureaucracy.

Today, again, I sent out my application, for a third time. It is signed, filled out, and I wait again.

I sense a theme....

At least I know what the time frame now is. It should take a week to process and then it is mailed back to me.

I keep wondering if this is a sign? Or a test? Or because the kid(s) that are meant to be with us aren't ready yet...

4 comments:

Ricki said...

Yikes, that has to be frustrating!

And I would take it as a sign that your kids aren't ready for you yet:)
Ricki

The Warren Family said...

that stinks!
I am sure we will all have a few snags in the process...I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope this is your only one (-:

Shannon

Tasha Kent said...

Oh man. I don't even know what to say. Maybe the third time's a charm.

Hang in there.

Please send me your email address. I actually have your certificate I can send to you via email.

uzbekubet@yahoo.com

;) said...

This sounds like it is a sign that you are dealing with bureaucracy. I hope they get things sorted out soon and get your application accepted so you can get on with the rest of the process. Good luck.
Shannon