Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Adoption Plans in the Future

So I disappeared again, this time for 11 months. And a lot of things have Changed.

The biggest is when I fill out the adoption papers I will do so as part of a married couple.

The last post on this blog was about a package I received in the mail about money donated to an orphanage in Harare Zimbabwe, in my name. Well that act, and the subsequent scrapbook detailing the donation, really did melt my cold single mom heart. So we slowly rekindled the relationship, and now we are getting married in August in Banff.

So my Fiancé, and it is still so weird to type that, and I plan on visiting this Orphanage in 2010 when we visit the Fiancé's, (aka PN) family.

To now see many of my old blogging friends have referrals or even their children home, makes me so happy for them.

6 comments:

Ranavan said...

I have thought of you often and even wanted to send you a note thru the message board but didn't want to interfere.

I am so relieved to hear you are well...and ENGAGED!!!!!

Congratulations!!! (it is true people really can change just ask my sis-in-law she thought her boyfriend-now-fiancee wouldn't be able to change either!!!)

Make sure you keep us updated :)

Julie said...

Fantastic! Congratulations! We missed you.

The Hattons... said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What big news on both fronts. Happy engagement and happy adoption planning as a married couple.

Single PAP said...

Wow! congrats!

CinnamonOpus said...

Oh wow! Big news! I know I am behind the times, but... Congratulations!

Sharla said...

I am coming to this news late but congratulations!!!