Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Walk to Beautiful - have you seen it yet?

I was finally able to watch it, but missed the first 12 minutes... so I will try to re-watch it.

It broke my heart, and then made it whole again. Really. I know that sounds cheesy, but I don't know how else to explain how it made me feel.

The young girl Wubete, I just wanted to give her a hug. To see what the Fistula Hospital does for the women after, especially if they don't want to go home, wow. What a wonderful thing.

My other favourite part, was when one of the women arrived home (can't recall her name) and saw that her husband had not looked after their home, and gives him supreme shit, I loved it. To think of all she went through and came home to that...

If you want to make a donation here is the site.

No comments: