Tuesday, May 29, 2007

An Evening with Stephen Lewis

Last Thursday I had the pleasure of attending and evening with Stephen Lewis. It was an amazing evening. I did not know what to expect. The few people in my life that knew who he was said he was an amazing speaker and really funny, and he was both of those. But that just doesn't do the evening justice.

He made me realize what I am passionate about in this life. Sitting there listening to him speak, I realized that I will one day go to Africa. I have never been so sure of anything. I am also sure that I will find members of my family there.

Hazel wrote a great blog post about the evening, and I was lucky enough to meet her in real life. As fate would have it, she was in line right behind me to get our books signed.

If you have never had the opportunity to listen to him speak, I would highly recommend that you go. I know I will.

1 comment:

hazel said...

It was so great to finally meet you, Tanya! Hopefully next time we'll have a real chance to talk. To meet Stephen and to have his words resonate so closely because of our adoptions - amazing!!

And also - "tag, you're it!"
http://forneko.blogspot.com/2007/05/7-random-things.html