Friday, February 29, 2008

Ready to Share...

As I prepare to start my home study to adopt from Ethiopia, my heart is warmed by something my daughter said to me today... "Mom I promise I will share my room if I get a brother or sister" (heart melting...)

Where did this come from? Well ML has been asking a lot to have a brother AND a sister at our house... as she already has a sister at her father's. I ask her why she wants this, and she says she wants to have someone to play with. At first she asks for babies that come from "my tummy", and I tell her that is not in the likely near future, but maybe through adoption... and we discuss what that means and why.

I tell her that having a brother and/or sister is not all fun and games, you have to share everything. Toys, the TV, mom, story time... I said she might even have to share her room...

It was about 10 minutes after this discussion in the car today, after, I assume, she had thought about this, when she declared that she in fact was ready to share to have a brother and sister live in our house. This made me smile, and makes me think that maybe just maybe the fates are conspiring to make this finally happen...

I wonder if she will remember this when the sibling rivalry sets in? HA HA

No comments: